Privileges and borrowing
Alumni members may email the Privileges Desk at email@example.com or visit the desk during open hours to set up or renew an account. Please refer to the Library cards for non-UCB patrons section for more information.
- Alumni who do not have a library card are accorded the same privileges as visitors.
- Alumni of any University of California campus who have a paid membership in any of the 10 campus alumni associations may obtain a UC Berkeley library card.
- Visit the California Alumni Association website to find out how to join.
- All applicants must provide proof of California residence and a current government-issued ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Please bring your alumni association membership card and required identification to the Privileges Desk.
- The library borrowing card is good for the length of your annual membership.
- Lifetime alumni association members will receive cards with three-year terms.
- All cards may be renewed in person or via email as warranted by the expiration date on the library card.
Available to alumni with a library card
- A maximum of 20 books checked out at any one time
- Access to most campus libraries, including the Main (Gardner) Stacks through Doe Library
- Reference assistance
- Databases, library catalogs, and other educational resources via public computers in the libraries
- Many library events
- Library exhibits
- Printing/scanning in the libraries
- Disability resources: Find equal-access Library services and research assistance for persons with physical and print disabilities.
Not available to alumni with a library card
- Remote access to licensed databases, e-journals, e-books, etc.
- Interlibrary borrowing
- Items on reserve for UC Berkeley students
- Law Library
- Art History/Classics Library
- Moffitt Library
- Graduate Services
- Media Resources Center
Please consider becoming a Friend of the Library!